Sunday, May 31, 2009

Scene Two: Metaphorical Uranus

“Sweet Pea” A container in a baby carriage, is wheeled to center stage. Uranus hangs on the back wall. Neutron Star sits on the wall. Music stops before lights come on. Neutron yells.

“Sweet Pea” now makes me think of an Orisha pot, especially related to Egungun, Ancestors. Since I do have Jewish ancestry on my maternal Grandfather’s line, I wonder if that indicates that I was under the protection of Egungun during the long time of my questioning. That coincides with the message I received at the time of my paternal Grandfather’s death,”The Jews are your people. For now go with them, but always remember you come from ALL peoples.”

John: They were all born tremendous stars. In the final days of their history, each possessed an iron core of fire, which induced them to explode, creating all the known elements in the universe. Then they each responded to the gravity of the situation in a unique manner.

SuperNova: Star Stuff! Star stuff! I’m making everything star stuff!

Black Hole: (enters)

Neutron Star: You talking about me?? You have no right to talk about me, not after what…..

Black Hole: Is balance indeed in the stability of neutrons? I think not. You have allowed the gravity of the situation to alter your elements beyond recognizable form.

Neutron Star: But what else can gravity lead to?

Black Hole: To a question, and after all, why not? We are all children of Sweet Pea, delivered into a life of creation by means of the Big Bang…

SuperNova: Sort of like the Baby Boom!

Black Hole: -but how did Sweet Pea originate? Frankly I’d be shocked if the truth were ever discovered. So, I question and I find answers in the act of questioning.

Neutron Star: Everything’s in there! That’s where it all came from! Everything sucked into nothingness! Sweet Pea came from there! There is still nothingness and everyone wants out and….

SuperNova: Shut up, Neutron Star! Nobody wants to listen to your oh-so-heavy super-gravity psycho-shit. Shape up and have some fun!You have totally lost your cookies. You are such a tightass that you crushed their protons and electrons into neutrons!

Neutron Star: But-

SuperNova: And furthermore, everyone knows that Sweet Pea was dropped when god was preparing pea soup! You bitch and moan about this horrible collapse into nothingness and try to drag everyone into your mission of peace through reparation when everything begins, continues and ends in pea soup preparation!

Black Hole: Both of you! Get a grip immediately! Like me. I’ve got an infinite grip. Getting a grip is what it’s all about. And what do I do after getting a grip, besides keep on getting a grip? The answer exists in the act of questioning.

From what I’ve read, this would be a typical Eshu/Legba/Ellegua type answer. This Orisha is the Gatekeeper, and the guardian of choice, also a trickster, and a protector against deception.

Neutron Star: But I know there is Nothing. Nothing is there, and they’re in the Nothing! I don’t like it. It’s dark and dusty and creepy in there and they don’t want to be in there and why did you leave them in there?

SuperNova: Cheap storage space you no-charged nincompoop. You think that Sweet Pea came from there, and we all came from there and we are all going back there, don’t ya? I’ve told you once and I’ll tell you again. God chased Satan out of Paradise with a B-B gun. One of the b-Bs rolled away...Viola! Sweet Pea!

John: Just a suggestion. If you want to know about Sweet Pea, perhaps you should examine your own behavior. Neptune was found by irregularities in the orbit of Uranus. The planet Uranus was influenced by Neptune. That is how Neptune made its presence known.

Neutron Star: (leaps off wall) And look at me! Listen to me! Just as Uranus was influenced by Neptune…

SuperNova: Your anus might have been influenced by Neptune, but mine certainly wasn’t! I’ll tell you once and I’ll tell you again: Sweet Pea was shit out by a constipated Seraph!

John: SuperNova, it’s time to allow Neutron Star to speak. There is a time for creating and a time for wondering. A time for inventing answers and then if that fails a time for allowing remaining questions to create. Time is passing, SuperNova.

SuperNova sucks John into nothingness.

Black Hole: I always knew you had black hole potential, SuperNova. You have a strong grip.

SuperNova: Now we are two! Slurpy Durpy Duo! And what does our behavior indicate? All this exploding, creating and collapsing…Indeed it seems our Universe had its genesis in a Nothingness so powerful it transmuted to a creative force...Whoosh!

Oshun is the Orisha of renewal.

Neutron Star: Yes! Yes! The nothingness! It is there, and everything is Sweet Pea, hidden in the nothingness. It is there! Absolutely it is there!

Black Hole: No, Neutron Star. We do not know anything. All there is -is questioning. You have always searched for an answer, a response to your realization that the Nothingness is there. But all I can tell you is that, as John indicated, Yes. Something Somewhere influenced us, as Neptune influenced Uranus. I will never be able to explain it, but we will find the answers through the act of questioning. Perhaps someday soon our questioning will grow into a force sufficient to liberate everyone trapped in the Nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment