Sunday, May 31, 2009

Introduction

Neptune’s Child

A Play by Aviva Michelle (April) Lee written and presented at Warren Wilson College during the 1993-94 Academic year.

Newly dedicated to my GGG Grandfather “PeeDee” and my GG Grandmother, M. May they flourish in their newfound freedom.

Also dedicated to the Jewish ancestors on my maternal Grandfather’s side, and to all the Jewish people who were my reflection and guides during my many years of questioning. You were indeed a life-affirming Light, a safe house for me on my journey. I hope you learned from me as well.

Since the time of this play, my questions about the Nothing that was absolutely there have been answered. Years of sincere questioning and living true to my unexplained yet firm identity, the fidelity and diligence of my family in keeping our history alive to the extent that was prudent and possible for their times, and the growth and accessibility of genealogical and historic information on the Internet have allowed those behind the Barricade to be liberated.

Commentary on newly discovered serendipities between this play and African Traditional Religion has been added.

See my blog http://sweetchariotsjourney.blogspot.com/

Recently I learned that the African people are associated with the planet Neptune due to their connection with the Orisha Olokun, the Ruler of the deep seas.

Cast: HaShem (God)
John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt-age 25
SuperNova (A giddy and flamboyant “star”)
Neutron Star (A mouse)
Black Hole

No comments:

Post a Comment